As a dating coach for successful, 30-something single women, Evin Rose was looking for branding photography that captured her heart-centered approach and authenticity that she brings to other women. Evin specializes in supporting women in breaking through dating anxiety, getting unstuck, and embarking on the transformative path to finding their Person.
Evin wanted to up-level and elevate her brand and support her marketing endeavors, and to do so, we visually articulated the heart and soul of Evin’s coaching philosophy — an approach to dating as a transformational journey, empowering women to become the most authentic, confident, free, and joyful versions of themselves.
She believes that healing and growth happen most powerfully in community, and supporting women in becoming the most authentic, confident, free, joyful versions of themselves. So we captured just that: the sisterhood and retreats, her warm and welcoming personality, coaching calls, centering yourself, and more!
Here’s a little scoop on how we made that happen and how you can, too!
1. What to Look for in a Branding Photoshoot
When selecting a branding photographer, it’s crucial to find someone who not only captures stunning images but also understands your business and individuality. Here are key factors to consider:
- Photographer’s Style:
- Look for a photographer whose style resonates with you. My work seamlessly blends lifestyle with intentionality, ensuring your brand message is conveyed effectively. Figure out what you like, what feels like your brand and messaging, and talk to your photographer.
- Understanding Your Business:
- A great branding photographer comprehends your business, making your photos authentic and reflective of your unique selling points.
- Communication and Planning:
- Choose a photographer willing to communicate and assist in planning. It feels a little silly to write in third person but hey, SEO! Chelsea Loren Photography works collaboratively, bringing fresh ideas and a personalized touch to every session.
- Your photographer should be adaptable to changing light and scenes, ensuring dynamic and visually engaging photos. Consider where you are photographing: is it a bakery, a warehouse, your home, an office building, or outside?
- Comfort Level:
- Feeling comfortable during the photoshoot is key. A lot of my clients end up as friends and we have a great rapport during the session, so it doesn’t feel stuffy. I am the *queen* of not knowing what to do with my hands or how to “pose” in front of the camera (my mom is also a professional photographer and I’ve had many years of being a test subject). SO, I understand!
- With that in mind, I like to get you doing activities and things you normally would be doing at work: journaling, frosting a cake, taking a Zoom call, training a dog to jump through hoops…or you know, whatever you normally do on a day-to-day basis. With those tasks in mind, it has you doing something with your hands and then I figure out the best way to showcase that activity — lighting, composition, etc.
- Preparation for Branding Photography:
- PREP, PREP, PREP. Unlike other photography genres, branding photography requires meticulous planning regarding messaging, on-brand colors, and target market representation. I’ll get to more of this below.
What to Include in a Branding Photoshoot
Understanding your needs and where your audience engages is critical. Consider the following elements:
- Platform-Specific Content:
- Identify if your audience resides on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, or other platforms. Chelsea Loren collaborates to tailor images suitable for your chosen platforms.
- Website Content:
- Discuss the specific images needed for your website, including hero headers, about me sections, and service highlights. Also discuss normal posting patterns for social — do they want to incorporate their personality or things they love?
- Outfits and Scenes:
- Plan for different outfits and scenes to create a diverse portfolio that resonates with your brand’s narrative.
How to Prepare for a Branding Photoshoot
Preparation is the key to a successful branding photoshoot. Work closely with your photographer and talk through ideas, scenes, key messaging.
- Signature Creative Directive:
- Chelsea Loren Photography provides a signature creative directive detailing the day’s timeline, inspiration, shot list, and outfit considerations. This ensures a smooth collaboration and shared vision.
- I love creative directives, creative directives love me, clients love creative directives, brands love creative directives… I will never stop praising how important these are to orchestrating a successful photoshoot that:
1. Gets you the images you need
2. Is timed efficiently
3. Coordinated plan of attack for scenes, locations, outfits
4. All the inspiration is there!
4. How to Make Your Branding Photoshoot Run Smoothly
A well-executed plan can make the difference. Consider the following tips:
- Detailed Planning:
- Plan your shot list, timeline, outfits, and props in advance.
- Consider Logistics:
- Determine where you’ll change outfits, if makeup touch-ups are needed, what props to bring, and understand the lighting conditions.
- Parking Arrangements:
- Chelsea Loren suggests thinking about practical details like parking to minimize disruptions during the shoot.
5. How Much Does a Branding Photoshoot Cost?
Understand the investment required for a top-notch branding session:
- Variable Costs:
- Prices for branding photoshoots can vary based on the photographer’s experience and your specific needs. Chelsea Loren Photography offers a range from $1,500 to around $4,500, depending on the client’s needs.
- Factors Influencing Cost:
- Consider the shoot duration, whether it’s a half-day or full-day session, and the photographer’s expertise. I’ve been in the business for a long time and know what it takes to make a vision come to fruition. Investing in the growth of your business and images that speak about the quality of your brand and services is key.
Work with Me
Interested in working with me? Whether you’re in San Diego, Southern California, or beyond, I’m here to guide you through the Branding Photography process and make you and your business shine.
Inquire through my website via my Contact Page!